The General Store Cook will perform a combination of food preparation tasks and cash handling/sales transactions at the General Store.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Jackson Rancheria Guest Service Guidelines.
• Preparation, packaging, serving and selling of General Store “to go” food items.
• Preparation and packaging of salads, entrees, pastries, sandwiches and meal preparation associated with catered events.
• Operating commercial slicers and stove top.
• Handling of food products including raw meats.
• Operating commercial fryers and display warmers.
• Handling of knives and associated kitchen wares.
• “Temping”, logging and discerning data associated with food preparation and preservation.
• Monitor prepared food so that it is safe, well presented and of high quality.
• Cleaning and proper care of all General Store Kitchen equipment, wares, fixtures and floors.
• Transporting of inside garbage and old cooking oil to outside dumpsters and bins.
• Operation of POS/cash registers, associated sales and verification machines, inventory data entry and resultant cash handling.
• Maintenance of product displays and merchandise by sweeping, dusting, cleaning, organizing, rotating and restocking daily so that products are fresh, safe and appealing.
• Perform inventory counts to assist in ordering and reporting processes.
• Communicate product knowledge and descriptions to guests as directed by management.
• Compliance with all laws and regulations governing the sale of alcohol, cigarettes, gasoline and other products as instructed.
• Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit and cash-handling policies and procedures.
• Experience in food handling/preparation and retail sales is desired.
*Shift Differential: Non-Exempt employees will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential for any hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.