The Security Officer is responsible for understanding and complying with Company and Security department policies and procedures. Under direction from the Security Shift Supervisor and Shift Manager performs the following essential duties and other duties as assigned.
• When required assist local, state, federal law enforcement agencies and emergency services.
• Provide security and protection for guests, employees and company assets.
• Transact monetary exchanges in compliance with established regulations.
• Maintain surveillance of the casino cage and surrounding area.
• Replace pit boxes on gaming tables after the count.
• Ensure employees and guests comply with established policies and procedures.
• Administer first aid within acquired training and ability.
• Report unsafe conditions to the appropriate authority.
• React to any disturbances within the property.
• Observe and react to individuals suspected of illegal activity.
• Perform as dispatch officer when assigned.
• Respond to emergency alarms.
• Author written reports regarding security incidents.
• Provide security escort services to guests and employees as required.
• May perform the duties of Shuttle Bus Driver, Valet Attendant and/or Traffic Control Specialist as needed.
• Other job related duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Prefer security experience or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required to perform this job:
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment