Handles all incoming merchandise/supplies and maintains records regarding inventory and supplies for the Retail department.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Jackson Rancheria Guest Service Guidelines.
• Weekly, monthly and quarterly: Count merchandise and supplies in stock and maintain totals for inventory records.
• Compares identifying information including counts, weights and pack sizes of incoming shipments to purchase orders and compares them to invoices, packing slips and/or bills of lading.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments and records shortages, overages and damaged product for Management review and disposition.
• Communicates with vendors/reps for damages, shortages, pricing and/or quantity discrepancies of ordered versus received items.
• Place and monitor orders through EATEC system.
• Create tags to prepare for receipt of merchandise.
• Assign item numbers/barcodes, descriptions and wholesale prices to merchandise and enter into Eatec Inventory System.
• Compute retail prices based on margins dictated by Administration and Retail Management.
• Tag merchandise for release and/or distribution to retail venue.
• Verify clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjust errors in computation or count, or investigate and report reasons for discrepancies.
• Compile information on receipt or disbursement of merchandise/supplies and compute inventory balance, retail price, and wholesale cost.
• Prepare reports such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
• Stock and issue supplies or merchandise upon request.
• File inventory paperwork and other tasks related to administrating retail inventory as designated by Management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Previous inventory maintenance and/or retail experience is required.
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.