The Teacher II is responsible for the supervision of children in a child care setting and assisting and implementing classroom programs and developing curriculum. They oversee the classroom needs as well as openly communicate with management and fellow employees. The Teacher II assists the children with learning techniques and ensures the overall health and safety of the children in the classroom.
• Work directly with children in a fast-paced learning environment.
• Work with other employees to plan activities.
• Provide opportunities for creative development for children.
• Prepare and arrange learning materials and clean up afterward.
• Work both indoors and outdoors when appropriate.
• Follow guidelines for child care as stated in LOLC policies and procedures.
• Assists the children with learning techniques.
• Dress in a modest manner as befitting a child care environment.
• Communicate with other employees and management.
• Responsibilities to include cleaning and sanitizing toys and classrooms daily.
• Other duties may be assigned; kitchen, front desk, flexibility to work in other classroom areas, etc.
• Must be organized
• Must have the ability to recognize and remember names and faces
• Must greet the parents and children with a friendly smile and positive attitude and speak in a positive manner on a daily basis
• Must respond with flexibility and sensitivity to changing situations and needs
• Must have strong verbal communications skills
• Must have the ability to empathize with children
• Have TB test bi-yearly
• Keep CPR and 1st Aid trainings current – every one to two years
• Attend ECE college course or two related workshops per year
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 24 or more Early Childhood Education (ECE) college credits or equivalent combination of education is required, with the inclusion of 16 general education units preferred.
• Education and/or experience compatible with the ability to understand and work as a part of a team with children of varying ages.
*Shift Differential: Non-Exempt employees will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential for any hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
The Casino is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment