Mercantile Supervisors will perform supervisory duties in the Retail (Gift Shop).
• Interacting with guests, co-workers, vendors and JRCR employees in a professional, friendly and ethical manner.
• Perform a wide range of duties as needed or requested by management. Duties requested may include assisting other JRCR departments besides General Store.
• Comply with established written policies and procedures.
• Maintain a positive and professional attitude as well as a professional appearance at all times.
• Handle guest complaints or transgressions in a professional, courteous manner that is consistent with Company policies and procedures.
• Execution of promotional activities for Company as directed by management.
• Operation of POS/cash registers, associated sales and verification machines, and resultant cash handling.
• Maintenance of product displays and merchandise by sweeping, dusting, cleaning, organizing, rotating and restocking daily so that products are fresh, safe and appealing.
• Perform inventory counts to assist in ordering and reporting processes.
• Compliance with all laws and regulations governing the sale of alcohol, cigarettes, gasoline and other products as instructed.
• Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit and cash-handling policies and procedures.
• Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to Mgmt.
• Attend meetings, seminars and classes as required by Mgmt. for business and self improvement.
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in retail sales and more specifically, operating a cash register, is also desirable.
*Shift Differential: Non-Exempt employees will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential for any hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.