The Restaurant Manager at Margaret's Cafe and Bakery is responsible for the operations and personnel in accordance with the Food & Beverage Department policies.
Margaret's Cafe & Bakery features a traditional diner atmosphere that includes spacious seating, delicious food and a delectable Bakery that keeps guests coming back often for their favorites.
Margaret's Cafe serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Specials, with favorites like Eggs Benedict, the Classic Single Burger and Mom's Football Taco Salad. The Bakery brings home baked treats to life with our variety of Cakes, Pies, Danishes and other baked favorites.
For more information visit the following link: Margaret's Cafe and Bakery
• Must demonstrate the ability to direct a team of managers and supervisors within the assigned restaurant.
• Guest Service, Cleaning, Stocking and Maintenance of work stations.
• Performs a wide range of related duties as needed or requested by Food & Beverage Director.
• Selects, hires, trains, and oversees front-of-the-house personnel.
• Manages shifts, labor costs, guest services, and sanitation.
• Builds average sales and guest counts.
• Builds and maintains relationships with guests.
• Inventories, orders and maintains sufficient levels of small wares and equipment.
• Provides team members with performance feedback and recognition.
• Maintains consistent staffing levels and staff efficiency.
• Must have knowledge of front and back of the house restaurant operations; restaurant staffing; menu planning and costs analysis; and operation of proper food service, buffet and plate presentation.
• Performs research and analysis of sales, trends and expenses for the preparation of budgets.
• Assists in presenting operational improvement proposals to executive management.
• Knowledge and maintenance of proper food handling, storage and rotation procedures, and all related health and safety standards.
• Works with the Marketing Department to ensure proper advertising of menus, promotions, events and web site content.
• Interviews, selects, trains, and evaluates departmental supervisors and managers.
• Analyzes guest attendance and comment information and responds accordingly in order to maintain the standards of operation.
• Prepares schedules for assigned restaurant staff of approximately 10-70 employees.
• Ensures necessary products and supplies are adequately stocked and properly stored.
• Maintain order, production and leadership in an environment with constantly changing conditions
• Keeps communications open with vendors to assure the maintenance of equipment and quality of product.
• Participates in end of the month inventory taking and record keeping.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
*Shift Differential: Non-Exempt employees will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential for any hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.