Bakery Cooks in the Rancheria Buffet are responsible for achieving all standards for basic food preparation, cooking and presentation of menu items. Bakery Cooks are assigned to a primary outlet but may be required to assist in other outlets when needed or at special events.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Jackson Rancheria Guest Service Guidelines.
• Proofing dough.
• Baking, preparation and assembly of pastry and bread items including pies, cakes, tarts, cookies, dessert bars, muffins, croissants, artisan breads, buns and savory pastry products
• Preparation and assembly of convection and other items including truffles, toffees, candies, buckeyes, fudge, ice cream and other desserts.
• Decoration and/or adding artistic elements to prepared pastry and convection items; to include cake decorations and artistic text.
• Prepare, season, finish and garnish all food in accordance with established recipes.
• Prepare pastry cremes, whipped cremes, dessert fillings/toppings, pie fillings/toppings, savory fillings/toppings and custards.
• Follow all recipes, specs, and control procedures.
• Takes and logs the temperature of food, makes sure foods are cooked to proper temperatures.
• Operate bakery and convection kitchen equipment including proofers, rotating convection oven, mixers (large and small format), fudge maker, dough sheeter, chocolate tempering machine, range, gelato production machine, chopper, slicer, knives and other equipment used for food preparation.
• Use proper dry and liquid measurement tools and scales.
• Performs proper receiving, thawing, storage, proportioning, heating and holding, and re-heating of food items.
• Ensure food items at assigned culinary work station are properly covered and stored at the end of shift.
• Maintain all refrigeration and dry storage areas to ensure proper handling, labeling, organization, rotation and safety of food products.
• Maintain assigned culinary work station so that it is clean, organized, well stocked, sanitary and in full accordance with food handling/health regulations.
• Follows all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention policies.
• Immediately notify management if poor guest service and/or poor/unsafe food handling practices are observed.
• Assist with training other cooks in proper culinary techniques and proper equipment usage when directed by management.
• Other culinary duties as assigned by management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Two to five years of relevant baking/convection experience in a casual/fine dining environment preferred.
*Shift Differential: Non-Exempt employees will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential for any hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.