Provide 24/7 oversight, implementation, analysis, and support of the Jackson Rancheria IT Security Program. Ensure and uphold the Defense-in-Depth (DiD) strategy in protecting the confidentiality, integrity, availability and the adherence to regulation compliance. This includes technical safeguards, security analysis, and enforcing policies and procedures. Implement and design security safeguards to mitigate and respond to security risks and security breach. Plan and coordinate security rules and access authorization with IT management. Configure, maintain, and audit regularly user access controls and accounts. Monitor security events and provide lead incident handling role.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Jackson Rancheria Guest Service Guidelines.
• Provide 24/7 technical support and analysis of security technologies to include the use of discretion and independent judgment with respect to decision-making that affects all areas of IT security within any Jackson Rancheria properties.
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain security technologies including the operating systems, hardware, firmware, security software, and related security tools.
• Monitor, analyze, and report on security system performance, stability and security events.
• Perform security hardware, system and security analysis with recommendation to implement for posture improvement of the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and security of all systems, applications and data.
• Respond, take the lead for security incident handling, and execute the proper escalation process.
• Participate in a team oriented environment.
• Coordinate and manage security projects related to security counter-measures and technical safeguards and security architecture.
• Communicating and coordinating scheduled maintenance and downtime with internal customers.
• Provide and lead the Security Awareness Training program.
• Participate in planning, designing and reviewing systems to identify and mitigate risks
• Install and update new security software releases, new hardware, system upgrades and evaluates and installs patches.
• Coordinate with security vendor support for hardware and software services.
• Perform system backups and disaster recovery.
• Prepare and maintain manuals and documentation for all security technologies and processes.
• Participate in Change Management and Disaster Recovery Plan and testing. This includes policy, procedures, and documentation in accordance to Tribal Gaming Agency Internal Control Standards (TGA ICS), National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum
Internal Control Standards (NIGC MICS), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and the security industry best practices.
• Participate in IT procurement and product review.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum education, training, and previous work experience required to perform this job:
• A.S. or equivalent in Technical Institution (Two year degree).
• Four-year degree in Computer Science or 3-5 year experience in the field.
• SANS certifications
• CISSP Certification
• Cisco security certification
• CEH certification
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer highly desirable
• Other Cisco Certification highly desirable
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.