Lone Wolf Cooks are responsible for achieving all standards for basic food preparation, cooking and presentation of menu items. Cooks are assigned to a primary outlet but may be required to assist in other outlets when needed or at special events.
Lone Wolf Restaurant & Lounge features luxury and comfort combined with approachable entrees focused on local quality ingredients and precise execution. With warm inviting colors and showcasing an open kitchen, the Lone Wolf Restaurant will feature 84 seats available in the Main Dining Room, 30 seats within the Lounge/Bar, and our outdoor Veranda has 64 available seats. Lounge menu service is available, including a full bar with many high end liquors and spirits, as well as an extensive California wine list.
Visit the following link for more information on the Lone Wolf - http://www.jacksoncasino.com/dining/lone-wolf-restaurant-lounge
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Jackson Rancheria Guest Service Guidelines.
• Prepare, season, finish and garnish all food in accordance with established recipes.
• Prepare base sauces, stocks and soups.
• Follow all recipes, specs, and control procedures.
• Takes and logs the temperature of food, makes sure foods are cooked to proper temperatures.
• Complete food preparation duties – washing, chopping, slicing, peeling, marinating, preparing and baking food items for future orders.
• Operate kitchen equipment including slicer, steamer, deep fryer, ovens, broiler, grill, mixer, kettle, flat top, slow cookers, woks, griddles, braisers, ranges, salamanders, combination ovens, knives, and other equipment for food preparation.
• Use proper dry and liquid measurement tools and scales.
• Performs proper receiving, thawing, storage, proportioning, heating and holding, and re-heating of food items.
• Ensure food items at assigned culinary work station are properly covered and stored at the end of shift.
• Maintain all refrigeration and dry storage areas to ensure proper handling, labeling, organization, rotation and safety of food products.
• Maintain assigned culinary work station so that it is clean, organized, well stocked, sanitary and in full accordance with food handling/health regulations.
• Follows all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention policies.
• Immediately notify management if poor guest service and/or poor/unsafe food handling practices are observed.
• Assist with training other cooks in proper culinary techniques and proper equipment usage when directed by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of six months to two years of relevant cooking experience in a fast food restaurant or casual/fine dining environment preferred.
*Shift Differential: Non-Exempt employees will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential for any hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.