The child care center manager is responsible to plan, organize, implement, coordinate, and control services of the childcare program, exercising independent judgment and decision-making authority as delegated, including budget, policies, procedures, and staff supervision. Under general supervision, the manager operates the childcare program in conformance with institutional regulations and applicable legal guidelines. Responsibilities include the overall management of the centers early childhood program and its operation, facilitating, planning and coordinating of the children's educational programs and activities.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Jackson Rancheria Guest Service Guidelines.
• Responsible for setting the tone for the facility, managing the curriculum, and managing the overall image of the center.
• Manage curriculum, working with qualified center staff to develop an appropriate curriculum.
• Develop and implement program operating policies and activities as required; develop cost estimates for future program needs.
• Formulate the annual program budget and set fees for programs; responsible for ensuring that program operates within budgetary parameters established.
• Plan, develop, schedule, and/or provide training and professional development opportunities for staff.
• Ensure that the center and staff conform to applicable child care center regulations.
• Orient families and schedule children for the child care center; maintain accurate records on children enrolled in the program to include their development, attendance, immunization and general health; conduct program registration, and maintain appropriate files and waiting lists.
• Assist staff in communicating with parents. Confer with parents on a regular basis to discuss the development of their enrolled children.
• Conduct marketing campaigns for current or prospective employees, maintain public relations with parents, prospective clients and local industry professionals.
• Order and maintain child care supplies and equipment.
• Prepare and maintain administrative and business reports and records of the child care center; record all fee payments; review income and expense, statistical, and budget status reports to develop and maintain sound financial status of program;
analyze problems in these areas and make recommendations to resolve them or take corrective action; prepare billing reports on child care center use.
• Assist child care center staff in preparing for and presenting early childhood programs and activities; direct the organization and follow-up of special activities such as off-campus field trips; assist as necessary with duties of instructional assistants.
• Ensure that problems encountered by staff are resolved; alter policies or procedures to ensure smooth operation of program.
• Ensure the center's physical facilities are a safe and appropriate environment for children; facilities are properly maintained and cleaned
Preferred Education and Experience - qualifications include one of the following:
High school diploma or GED and 15 semester units at an accredited college in specified early childhood education classes (three of the required units shall be in administration or staff relations) and four years of teaching experience in a child care center or comparable group child care program or Two years of experience and an AA degree with a major in child development or a combination of equivalent early childhood education and experience in a child care center or comparable group child care program.
Prior experience with managing staff and/or as a Center Director is a plus.