The Lead Cook/Cashier is responsible for achieving mastery of skills for all culinary stations within the assigned outlet. The Lead Cook/Cashier monitors preparation of all foods during an assigned shift, while ensuring the efficiency of the line and kitchen operations. Lead Cook/Cashiers are assigned to a primary outlet but may be required to assist in other outlets when needed or at special events.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Jackson Rancheria Guest Service Guidelines.
• Takes order, requests and receives payments from guest.
• Handles small to large sums of money, coupons, comps, credit cards and other forms of payment.
• Count currency and give proper change during cash transactions.
• Adheres to established cash handling policies and procedures including the Variance policy.
• Knows and can communicate information about outlets, menus and pricing.
• Ability to answer questions pertaining to the ingredients in food items being sold.
• Resolves guest concerns and/or refers them to the appropriate personnel when necessary.
• Prepare, season, finish and garnish all food in accordance with established recipes.
• Prepare base sauces, stocks, and soups.
• Follow all recipes, specs, and control procedures.
• Takes and logs the temperature of food, makes sure foods are cooked to proper temperatures.
• Complete food preparation duties – washing, chopping, slicing, peeling, marinating, preparing and baking food items for future orders.
• Operate kitchen equipment including slicer, steamer, deep fryer, ovens, broiler, grill, mixer, kettle, flat top, slow cookers, woks, griddles, braisers, ranges, salamanders, combination ovens, knives, and other equipment for food preparation.
• Use proper dry and liquid measurement tools and scales.
• Performs proper receiving, thawing, storage, proportioning, heating and holding, and re-heating of food items.
• Ensure food items at assigned culinary work station are properly covered and stored at the end of shift.
• Maintain all refrigeration and dry storage areas to ensure proper handling, labeling, organization, rotation and safety of food products.
• Maintain assigned culinary work station so that it is clean, organized, well stocked, sanitary and in full accordance with food handling/health regulations.
• Follows all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention policies.
• Immediately notify management if poor guest service and/or poor/unsafe food handling practices are observed.
• Trains other cooks in proper culinary techniques and proper equipment usage.
• Prepare order lists for recipe preparations.
• Conduct, complete or assist in ordering, inventory counts, shift logs, schedules, attendance paperwork, illness injury reports, waste logs, transfer logs, temp logs, production logs or other administrative paperwork as determined by Management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of five years of relevant cooking experience in a fast food restaurant or casual/fine dining environment preferred.
• Six months cash handling experience in a retail or food service environment preferred.
• Vocational or culinary school graduate preferred.
*Shift Differential: Non-Exempt employees will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential for any hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.