PLEASE NOTE: THIS JOB POSTING IS FOR A POSITION IN ELK, CA IN MENDOCINO COUNTY.
Previously known as the Griffin House Inn, Sacred Rock Resort was originally built in 1890 along with Bridget Dolan’s Pub as the main house. Around 1920, the Inn expanded with the construction of individual cottages nestled high on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Now, after extensive renovations, the resort is owned by the Jackson Rancheria Band of Miwuk Indians. Click here to find out more about Sacred Rock Resort
Sacred Rock Resort is currently seeking a Resort Manager. The Resort Manager is responsible and accountable for the total operations and performance of the resort. The Resort Manager will coordinate, direct, and manage the staff and everyday operations of the resort to achieve profitability and efficiency while maintaining flawless service and ensuring 100% guest satisfaction.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Jackson Rancheria Guest Service Guidelines.
• Develops a team of highly qualified well trained and service oriented staff.
• Manages all sales activities of the property and meets revenue objectives.
• Spends time with the customers and staff identifying what is working and what areas need improvement.
• Provides recommendations to increase revenues, decrease expenses or enhance customer service levels.
• Establishes and implements standards for resort administration and performance in regards to flawless guest service and maximization of guest room and food and beverage profitability.
• Oversees, the operations and financial performance of the rooms, and food and beverage.
• Creates a management philosophy that encourages teamwork and planning, communication, responsibility and accountability.
• Prepares annual budgets and periodic forecasts as to financial projections of the resort and monitors and justifies all variances.
• Ensures that safety and security procedures are followed and standards are met as specified.
• Ensures that the resort maintains the highest level of cleanliness.
• Ensures that the assets of the resort are properly maintained.
• Oversees promotional/advertising activities of the resort and establishes the resort’s marketing plan and sales strategies.
• Recruits and selects well-qualified applicants, orients and trains them in procedures and standards, develops their knowledge and skills, sets performance goals, and motivates staff to achieve them; maintains professional staff relations; promoting career development.
• Resolves all guest relation issues (incidents, problems, Guest requests, and suggestions).
• Maintains accountability for the performance, development, and evaluations of Resort employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum education, training, and previous work experience required to perform this job:
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or hotel management and a minimum of five years of resort management is preferred or a combination of related education and experience totaling ten years in the Resort/Hospitality field.