Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Performs and audits all Accounts Payable including auditing accuracy of general ledger account numbers before posting and paying vouchers.
• Prepares weekly pre-check writing reports and open invoice reports.
• Prepares garnishment checks per reports from payroll.
• Coordinates and performs training of personnel.
• Acts as liaison between employees, Tribal Administration and vendors.
• Coordinates workflow between accounts payable and other departments.
• Performs matching, data entry, invoicing, linking P O’s online and offline.
• Performs data entry of invoices and check requests.
• Performs and oversees check runs.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities.
• Oversees and processes credit applications for new vendors.
• Maintains, updates and submits 1099’s to the IRS
• Maintains and updates vendors file, verify vendors Federal Tax Identification Number
• Maintains Travel reimbursement requests, entries and log.
• Maintains current open purchase order file.
• Maintains and balances monthly vendor statements.
• Resolves accounts payable and general ledger problems.
• Maintains and updates MTD/YTD accounts payable and various general ledger reconciliation records.
• Assists in monthly closings
• Assists in annual audit
• May specialize in areas of the accounting function.
• Maintains and updates cancelled checks and manual checks.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Work under strict time constraints and manage conflicting and multiple deadlines and assignments.
• Other duties may be assigned.
*Shift Differential: Non-Exempt employees will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential for any hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.