The Media Buyer negotiates with advertising sales agents to acquire cost-efficient and budget-conscious advertising space in print, outdoor, broadcast, and online outlets, such as magazines, billboards, radio stations, television stations, and websites.
Analytical thinking, communication, persuasion, and research abilities are instrumental to the Media Buyer's success.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Jackson Rancheria Guest Service Guidelines.
• Negotiating and reviewing advertising agreements (rates, placements, parameters, etc).
• Create media plans and supporting documentation.
• Negotiate media rates and buys added value merchandising.
• Research appropriate media vehicles and prepare research documentation for the marketing dept.
• Create insertion orders and expedite placement.
• Communicate with account executives and traffic department regarding ad materials.
• Sourcing, evaluating and executing new media opportunities and sustainable, scalable partnerships.
• Coordinate campaigns through all phases of launch and maintenance, including negotiations of the media buy, contract review, reporting, and analysis and optimization.
• Writes RFP that includes media brief elements, necessary for reps to provide accurate proposals
• Determines budget allocation across media opportunities with rationale.
• Works closely with creative team, beyond supplying specs, to develop an integrated media/creative product.
• Analyze performance and optimize price/volume/targeting based on results to maximize ROI.
• Responsible for accurate tracking and reporting of media costs.
• Staying abreast of industry trends, business opportunities, and best practices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This is not a smoke free workplace. Although we employ state-of-the-art air filtration systems, cigarette smoke is in the work environment.