PLEASE NOTE: THIS JOB POSTING IS FOR A POSITION IN ELK, CA IN MENDOCINO COUNTY.
Previously known as the Griffin House Inn, Sacred Rock Resort was originally built in 1890 along with Bridget Dolan’s Pub as the main house. Around 1920, the Inn expanded with the construction of individual cottages nestled high on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Now, after extensive renovations, the resort is owned by the Jackson Rancheria Band of Miwuk Indians. Click here to find out more about Sacred Rock Resort
Sacred Rock Resort is currently seeking Cooks that will be responsible for achieving all standards for basic food preparation, cooking and presentation of menu items.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by creating a friendly environment and following Guest Service Guidelines.
• Prepare, season, finish and garnish all food in accordance with established recipes.
• Prepare base sauces, stocks and soups.
• Follow all recipes, specs, and control procedures.
• Takes and logs the temperature of food, makes sure foods are cooked to proper temperatures.
• Complete food preparation duties – washing, chopping, slicing, peeling, marinating, preparing and baking food items for future orders.
• Operate kitchen equipment including slicer, steamer, deep fryer, ovens, broiler, grill, mixer, kettle, flat top, slow cookers, woks, griddles, braisers, ranges, salamanders, combination ovens, knives, and other equipment for food preparation.
• Use proper dry and liquid measurement tools and scales.
• Performs proper receiving, thawing, storage, proportioning, heating and holding, and re-heating of food items.
• Ensure food items at assigned culinary work station are properly covered and stored at the end of shift.
• Maintain all refrigeration and dry storage areas to ensure proper handling, labeling, organization, rotation and safety of food products.
• Maintain assigned culinary work station so that it is clean, organized, well stocked, sanitary and in full accordance with food handling/health regulations.
• Follows all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention policies.
• Immediately notify management if poor guest service and/or poor/unsafe food handling practices are observed.
• Assist with training other cooks in proper culinary techniques and proper equipment usage when directed by management.
•Must perform a wide range of related duties as needed or requested by the supervisor.
•Responsible for the washing of soiled dishes, silverware, glasses, pots and pans.
•Maintain supplies to the dining area such as silverware, glassware and dishes.
•Assist in all phases of service in the kitchen as directed.
•Knowledge of proper operation and cleaning procedures of all kitchen equipment utensils.
•Must maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
•Must be able to effectively communicate with guests and co-workers.
•Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum education, training, and previous work experience required to perform this job:
• A minimum of six months to two years of relevant cooking experience in a casual/fine dining environment.
*Shift Differential: Non-Exempt employees will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential for any hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.